Ask the Referee
Ask the Referee #3
Theres a corner kick for team A. Team B's keeper makes the save and in doing so gets tangled up with a player from team A. After the two players seperate, Team B's keeper distributes the ball down field. While the ball is now clearly down field and in team A's penalty area Team B's keeper punches team A's attacking player in the head. What would the restart be?.
- Immediately stop play and award and indirect free kick from where the ball is for team B and eject the keeper for violent conduct.
- Let play continue until the next stoppage and then eject the keeper for violent conduct.
- Immediately stop play, award a indirect free kick from the spot where the keeper struck the player from team B and caution the keeper.
- Immediately stop play, award a penalty kick and eject the keeper for violent conduct
Ask the Referee #2
An offensive player dribbles away from their opponents’ goal trying to create space for a shot. The offensive player is fouled outside the box but the ball was clearly on the 18 yard line.
The player was going away from the goal, they were fouled outside the box but the ball was clearly on the top of the 18 yard line.
What are the restart and caution/red card?
- A direct kick from the top of the box and red card to the defender for denying a goal scoring opportunity.
- A direct kick from the top of the box and caution to the defender for a reckless challenge.
- A penalty kick from the spot and caution to the defender for a reckless challenge.
- A penalty kick from the spot and a red card to the defender for denying a goal scoring opportunity.
Ask the Referee #1
Situation:A goal has been scored. Before the kickoff, the referee finds that the scoring team had more than 11 players on the field at the time the goal was scored. What is the appropriate action to be taken?
What is the Answer?a) The goal shall be disallowed, the offending team player and coached shall be cautioned and the game restarted with a goal kick.
b) The goal shall be disallowed, the game restarted by kicking off again. The extra player is sent off the field with a caution.
c) The goal is allowed as it is the coaches of both teams’ responsibilities to police the number of players on the field. The opponent’s coach failed to live up to his responsibility.
d) The goal is allowed but the extra player is red carded and the offending team must play the rest of the match with ten players.
Click Get Answer for the answer!